It’s been a great year for the This Is Horror Podcast. Not only have we seen a record number of downloads, but we’ve seen our Patreon grow significantly and have somehow released more than one episode per week with fifty-four episodes released in 2016.
If you’re new to the podcast or just want to revisit some of the best episodes of 2016 we have compiled our top ten most popular This Is Horror Podcast Episodes of 2016.
10. Jon Grilz on Small Town Horror Podcast, Crazytown and Audio Drama Production
In this podcast Jon Grilz talks about the Small Town Horror podcast, his Crazytown series, audio drama production and much more.
9. Paul Tremblay on 500 Words per Day, Self-doubt and Inspiration
In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about writing 500 words daily, self-doubt and the inspiration behind A Head Full of Ghosts.
8. John F.D. Taff on Dialogue, Full-time Writing and Emotional Horror
In this podcast John F.D. Taff talks about dialogue, writing full-time, emotional horror and much more.
7. Jessica McHugh on Creative Writing, Working as a Stripper and Bizarro
In this podcast Jessica McHugh talks about lessons learned teaching Creative Writing, the myth of writer’s block, working as a stripper at nineteen, bizarro and much more.
6. Mercedes M. Yardley on NaNoWriMo, the Poetry of Language and Beautiful Horror
In this podcast Mercedes M. Yardley talks about NaNoWriMo, the poetry of language, working in fifteen-minute increments, beautiful horror and much more.
5. David Moody on the Hater Adaptation, Wattpad and Dealing with Depression
In this podcast David Moody talks about the Hater adaptation, brand new Hater trilogy, Wattpad, dealing with depression and much more.
4. Writers’ Craft Talk: Writing Suspenseful Scenes with 16 Writers
In this podcast sixteen writers discuss techniques for writing suspenseful scenes. Contributions from Stephen Volk, Maura McHugh, Melissa Lason and Michelle Garza, John Skipp, Rebecca Jones-Howe, Rich Hawkins, Kristi DeMeester, J. Daniel Stone, Stephanie M. Wytovich, T.E. Grau, Lisa Mannetti, Paul Michael Anderson, Simon Kurt Unsworth, Philip Fracassi and Michael Wehunt.
3. Writers’ Craft Talk: Best Writing Advice with 20 Writers
In this podcast twenty writers discuss the best writing advice they’ve received. Contributions from Stephen Graham Jones, Mercedes M. Yardley, Helen Marshall, Paul Tremblay, George Ttoouli, Nina Allan, David Moody, Jessica McHugh, John F.D. Taff, John C. Foster, David Bowles, Lisa L. Hannett, Bob Pastorella, Josh Malerman, Richard Thomas, Vincenzo Bilof, Jasper Bark, Sarah Langan, S. P. Miskowski and This Is Horror Podcast Host, Michael David Wilson.
2. Stephen Graham Jones on Werewolves, Mongrels and Common Writing Mistakes
In this podcast Stephen Graham Jones talks about his brand new werewolf novel, Mongrels, common writing mistakes, self-doubt and much more.
1. Josh Malerman on A House at the Bottom of a Lake, Halloween and Water in Horror
In this special Halloween podcast Josh Malerman talks about Halloween, A House at the Bottom of a Lake, water in horror and much more.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey