In this podcast John F.D. Taff talks about dialogue, writing full-time, emotional horror and much more.
About John F.D. Taff
John F.D. Taff is a Bram Stoker Award-Nominated author with nearly 30 years experience in all sorts of writing…public relations, marketing, sales, journalism and creative. He’s a published author with more than 80 short stories and seven novels in print. His writing tends to be categorized as horror, though most of it has a weird, pulpy Twilight Zone vibe to it. He also writes fantasy, suspense and some science fiction. Over the years, six of his short stories have been awarded honorable mentions in Datlow & Windling’sYear’s Best Fantasy & Horror.
- [02:20] The relationship between love and horror
- [08:55] The Desolated Orchard
- [17:20] Full-time writing
- [24:00] Approach to dialogue (some issues with sound quality for the first couple of minutes of this question)
- [27:25] Has full-time writing changed approach to writing
- [30:55] Social media presence
- [40:40] Questions via Patreon, Thomas Joyce asks about how long John was submitting stories before first acceptance and Adrian Shotbolt asks about how writing has improved since first published
- [53:30] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about emerging authors who have impressed John
- [58:40] The Fearing and challenges face whilst writing it
- [01:06:10] Returning to writing after seven-year break
- [01:10:05] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.