Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New Richard Chizmar collection, A Long December, available now
With a writing, editing and publishing career spanning more than twenty years in the genre, Richard Chizmar has recently had a collection of his short works released. Entitled A Long December, (also the name of his novella, included in the collection), the anthology features thirty-five stories and has received acclaim from regular readers and also one Stephen King. The stories selected for the collection span Chizmar’s entire writing career. You can find much more information on the collection on his own website, here.
Chad Ferrin’s Parasites movie to receive VOD release 24 January
After receiving much acclaim during 2016’s festival season, the film features Robert Miano (Donnie Brasco) as a vagrant at the head of a gang who rule the nocturnal underworld of LA. When they encounter a group of lost high school kids, the situation deteriorates fast. The film unfolds as a process of hunting and torture which has seen critics screaming during screenings and going on to highly praise it. The film will be launched on Amazon, Itunes and Google Play at the end of next month. Take a look at the trailer, below.
Fear Front Publishing announces bumper winter release schedule
Fear Front Publishing have announced a selection of titles which have been recently released. Featuring a wide range of authors and different areas of the genre, it looks to be a strong line-up and, doubtless, some of this work will be appearing in This is Horror reviews very soon. You can find more information about the releases here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey