In this podcast Bob Pastorella talks about weird crime, writing critique groups and great storytelling.
About Bob Pastorella
Bob Pastorella lives in Southeast Texas. He’s the author of ‘To Watch Is Madness’, and has been featured in The Booked. Anthology, Warmed & Bound: A Velvet Anthology, and In Search of A City: Los Angeles In 1000 Words. A staff writer for ManArchy Magazine, Bob’s short fiction has appeared in numerous publications. Bob is currently writing a horror/crime novel.
- [00:40] About Bob Pastorella
- [07:48] Weird crime. ‘To Watch is Madness’
- [15:19] Different stories in the same location
- [23:04] Approaching the subject of rape sensitively within fiction
- [32:25] Jim Thompson, Joe Lansdale and other influences
- [45:20] Write Club, The Velvet and Writing Critique Groups
- [57:10] Becoming published vs becoming a great storyteller
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey