These two words have different connotations for many people worldwide.
Australian horror has exploited fears of Australia’s ‘wide-open spaces’, and the isolation and vulnerability of people where the population drops to less than fifty individuals per square kilometre. Wolf Creek and Snowtown are based on real-life crimes such as Ivan Milat’s ‘backpacker murders’, or the murders in Snowtown last decade. The desolation of much of the Australian landscape, and the vulnerability of those within these areas, has been driven home both by crimes of opportunity and well-planned killing sprees. This is the horror of Australia in reality.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)