Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in
- Six Horror Games to Help You Mourn Silent Hills
- Nightmare Anniversary: 10 Years of “THE DEVIL’S REJECTS” and its Southern Fried Soundtrack
- Face-Off: Scream 3 Vs Scream 4
- Adding Horror to Literary Fiction: Benjamin Percy Defies Genre Lines
- Required Reading: 30 of the Best Horror Books
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Following the news that the Kojima-Del Toro collaboration, Silent Hills, has been officially cancelled, VB looks at six alternative horror games to keep those joysticks (those are still a thing, right?) busy.
Tutti-fucking-Frutti, it’s been a whole decade since Baby, Spaulding, and Otis took to the road in the sequel to House of 1000 Corpses, and to celebrate that anniversary, Fangoria looks back at its outstanding soundtrack.
With a Scream TV series on the horizon, Arrow in the Head compares the final two films in the franchise.
A must read/must listen article from MPRNews, as Benjamin Percy discusses horror in literary fiction and his new novel, The Dead Lands.
All ‘best-of’ lists are subjective, but this one from Paste Magazine is worth a look if you’re stuck for something creepy to read.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey