In this podcast Daniel Braum talks about The Serpent’s Shadow, Clarion Writers’ Workshop, Night Time Logic, and much more.
About Daniel Braum
Daniel Braum’s fiction has been classified as fantasy, science fiction, and horror but he prefers the good old fashioned term of just ‘fiction’, which when he was growing up simply meant a story where anything could happen. His stories frequently defy category and reside in the fuzzy areas between genres, utilizing and combining genre elements to produce tales that are wholly unique. He is the author of The Night Marchers and Other Strange Tales, The Wish Mechanics, The Serpent’s Shadow, and more.
- [03:10] Early experiences reading horror
- [11:30] Storytelling and music
- [16:40] Clarion Writers’ Workshop
- [26:40] Night Time Logic
- [32:30] Peter Straub
- [35:10] The Serpent’s Shadow
- [44:00] Writing locations
- [57:50] Spirits Unwrapped anthology
- [01:02:40] Adjusting from writing to editorial headspace
- [01:05:00] Future anthologies and subject matters Daniel would love to tackle
- [01:07:30] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:08:50] Connect with Daniel
- [01:09:10] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Violet by Scott Thomas
Pick up the brand new Scott Thomas book, Violet.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.