In this podcast Daniel Braum talks about The Serpent’s Shadow, Clarion Writers’ Workshop, Night Time Logic, and much more.
About Daniel Braum
Daniel Braum’s fiction has been classified as fantasy, science fiction, and horror but he prefers the good old fashioned term of just ‘fiction’, which when he was growing up simply meant a story where anything could happen. His stories frequently defy category and reside in the fuzzy areas between genres, utilizing and combining genre elements to produce tales that are wholly unique. He is the author of The Night Marchers and Other Strange Tales, The Wish Mechanics, The Serpent’s Shadow, and more.
- [03:10] Early experiences reading horror
- [11:30] Storytelling and music
- [16:40] Clarion Writers’ Workshop
- [26:40] Night Time Logic
- [32:30] Peter Straub
- [35:10] The Serpent’s Shadow
- [44:00] Writing locations
- [57:50] Spirits Unwrapped anthology
- [01:02:40] Adjusting from writing to editorial headspace
- [01:05:00] Future anthologies and subject matters Daniel would love to tackle
- [01:07:30] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:08:50] Connect with Daniel
- [01:09:10] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Violet by Scott Thomas
Pick up the brand new Scott Thomas book, Violet.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey