“Early buzz on Kolesnik’s debut novel True Crime compares her visceral, hard-hitting writing style with some of the best in the horror genre, with a story that packs a twisted and gruesome punch.”
Suzy lives with her abusive mother, along with her brother Lim. They live in a dark town where the stars never shine. The years of abuse become too much for them to handle, so Suzy and Lim begin traveling the country.
First, they kill mom.
Leaving death and destruction in their wake, Suzy’s mental stability spirals out of control.
Her next destination: Madness.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Samantha Kolesnik is an award winning writer, producer, and director known for her dark and disturbing short films, most notably Mama’s Boy, Friendsgiving, and I Baked Him a Cake. She is the co-founder of the Women in Horror Film Festival. Early buzz on Kolesnik’s debut novel True Crime compares her visceral, hard-hitting writing style with some of the best in the horror genre, with a story that packs a twisted and gruesome punch. Brian Keene (The Rising, Ghoul, The Lost Level) says this about True Crime: “A debut with the power of a nuclear bomb. Ranks alongside Jack Ketchum’s The Girl Next Door and J. F. Gonzalez’s Survivor.”
Why Samantha’s excited about this book:
“True Crime, for all its brevity, took me over two years (and many tears) to write. The action is as fast as it is dark, with a story that may enthrall as much as it disturbs. Much like its narrator, Suzy, there’s more to this grisly page turner than meets the eye.”
Forthcoming from Grindhouse Press 15 January 2020, True Crime by Samantha Kolesnik is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey