The public nominations are now open for the ninth annual This Is Horror Awards. This year we’ve retained all the categories from last year and added one more, ‘Cover Art of the year’. Here are the categories:
- Novel of the Year
- Novella of the Year
- Short Story Collection of the Year
- Anthology of the Year
- Fiction Magazine of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Fiction Podcast of the Year
- Nonfiction Podcast of the Year
- Cover Art of the Year
Readers can e-mail in their nominations for each category. Taking into consideration the nominations for each category This Is Horror will then draw up a shortlist.
We invite you to include one sentence as to why each nomination is award-worthy.
The public nominations stage runs from 17 December 2019 until 8 January 2020.
- To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work must have been released between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019. This means that the first release/publication must have occurred within the above time period.
- You may only nominate two items per category. If you nominate more than two, This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.
- You may nominate in as many categories as you like.
- Do not send in a nomination for your own work.
- All nominations must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2019′.
Public nominations close at 12:01 a.m. PST on 8 January 2020.
Note To Publishers
Publishers are invited to send eligible work to This Is Horror for consideration. We will happily accept digital files, ideally in mobi format.
- ‘Fiction Magazine’ is open to both digital and physical magazines.
- ‘Fiction Podcast’ refers to podcasts that are fictionalised. Think audio dramas, short stories, ongoing stories, fictionalised docu-dramas.
- ‘Nonfiction Podcast’ refers to any podcast that is not fictionalised. This includes interviews and reviews that cover fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey