In this podcast Michael David Wilson and Dan Howarth talk about How To Start Podcasting, Growing Up, Parenthood, and much more.
About Michael David Wilson and Dan Howarth
Michael David Wilson is the founder of This Is Horror. A professional writer, editor, and podcaster, his work has appeared in various publications including Dark Moon Digest, LitReactor, and Scream. Connect with Michael on Twitter @WilsonTheWriter. For more information visit www.michaeldavidwilson.co.uk
- [05:00] Biggest changes in the last year for Dan
- [09:20] Influence of parents on creativity
- [13:50] Michael’s first experiences with creativity and story
- [21:00] Skype, podcasts, audiobooks— the tradition of oral storytelling
- [28:40] Tips for getting into podcasting/quick tips to start podcasting right now
- [35:55] Problems for small presses in horror in the UK
- [55:55] Preparing for fatherhood
- [01:28:30] Patreon Questions
- [01:29:00] Thomas Joyce asks Dan about co-editing with James Everington
- [01:38:25] Kev Harrisons asks how editing has informed Dan’s writing
- [01:48:30] Big news
- Dark Moon Digest #30 (Includes ‘Things We Say’ by Michael David Wilson)
- Dan Howarth fiction (Anthologies edited by Dan Howarth)
- TIH 137: Adam Nevill on Under A Watchful Eye, Ritual Limited, and Creative Writing
- TIH 138: Adam Nevill on The Ritual, Writing Process, and Facebook Advertising
- TIH 139: Adam Nevill on Haunted House Stories, Online Book Launches, and Book Signings
- LitReactor: A Guide: How To Start A Podcast (and Why You Should)
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey