In this podcast Adam Nevill talks about his latest novel Under A Watchful Eye, his independent publishing house Ritual Limited, and Creative Writing courses.
About Adam Nevill
Adam L.G. Nevill was born in Birmingham, England, in 1969 and grew up in England and New Zealand. He is the author of the horror novels: Banquet for the Damned, Apartment 16, The Ritual, Last Days, House of Small Shadows, No One Gets Out Alive, Lost Girl, and Under a Watchful Eye. His first short story collection, Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors, is published on Halloween, 2016.
- [03:55] Interview start/growing up and first experiences with story
- [06:20] Standout supernatural horror writers from childhood/influential stories
- [22:10] Areas of creative writing that can be taught
- [28:10] Reaction to writing genre on Creative Writing course
- [33:45] Now and then: perceptions of genre in Universities
- [38:55] Under A Watchful Eye: autobiographical elements, subject matter,
- [48:10] Influence of Joyce’s Portrait and the consequences of creativity
- [48:40] Lost Girl, climate change, and the future
- [54:00] Ritual Limited and lessons learnt self-publishing