In this podcast Adam Nevill talks about his latest novel Under A Watchful Eye, his independent publishing house Ritual Limited, and Creative Writing courses.
About Adam Nevill
Adam L.G. Nevill was born in Birmingham, England, in 1969 and grew up in England and New Zealand. He is the author of the horror novels: Banquet for the Damned, Apartment 16, The Ritual, Last Days, House of Small Shadows, No One Gets Out Alive, Lost Girl, and Under a Watchful Eye. His first short story collection, Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors, is published on Halloween, 2016.
- [03:55] Interview start/growing up and first experiences with story
- [06:20] Standout supernatural horror writers from childhood/influential stories
- [22:10] Areas of creative writing that can be taught
- [28:10] Reaction to writing genre on Creative Writing course
- [33:45] Now and then: perceptions of genre in Universities
- [38:55] Under A Watchful Eye: autobiographical elements, subject matter,
- [48:10] Influence of Joyce’s Portrait and the consequences of creativity
- [48:40] Lost Girl, climate change, and the future
- [54:00] Ritual Limited and lessons learnt self-publishing
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey