Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Kickstarter for Nightscape Press’ Ashes and Entropy is live
Ashes and Entropy, the new anthology from Nightscape Press featuring a truly stellar line-up of authors including Laird Barron, Jon Padgett, Damien Angelica Walters, Lucy A. Snyder, Max Booth III and a host of others, is now up as a kickstarter. There are a variety of levels at which you can support the project with an array of rewards, including other works from Nightscape’s back catalogue. If you want to help make this anthology happen and guarantee your own copy, click here.
Author Mark Allard-Will brings East Anglian hell-hound, the Black Shuck, to life in graphic novel, The Burning Black: Legend of Black Shuck
With the origins of the legend stretching back as far as 1577 in rural Suffolk, the black shuck is one of Britain’s oldest and most enduring pieces of folklore. Now, author Mark Allard-Will is bringing the tale to frightening life as a graphic novel. Recently featured on the BBC in an article about his project, Allard-Will has set up a kickstarter to fund the project, which is already underway. Click here to get your copy.
Hot on the heels of our interview with Patrick Lacey on the This is Horror Podcast, comes the release of his collaboration with Matt Hayward. Released through Bloodshot Books, Practitioners is the story of a widowed police officer who begins to suffer excruciating nightmares. He seeks help at a healing centre, run by a mysterious man with an even more mysterious background. This novel is the first collaboration between the two authors and you can pre-order your copy here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey