“A couple of horror filmmakers, a creepy castle on an isolated island, an evil entity that’s hungry for flesh … The Sorrows is a recipe for horror that only Jonathan Janz can serve.”
Filmmakers Ben and Eddie figure the creepy Castle Blackwood is the perfect setting for a horror film. Located at The Sorrows, an island off the California coast, no one has lived in the castle since 1925 after a series of gruesome murders. And since the owner needs the money, he allows Ben and Eddie, along with their female companions, access to the castle.
What they find there is a lot more than they bargained for.
Something is waiting in the castle. Something trapped for nearly a hundred years.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Jonathan Janz certainly needs no introduction to the horror world, with his recent releases Exorcist Falls and The Siren and the Specter, among others. Flame Tree Press is presenting us with this timely reissue of Jonathan’s earlier novel, The Sorrows, and the timing couldn’t be better. A couple of horror filmmakers, a creepy castle on an isolated island, an evil entity that’s hungry for flesh … The Sorrows is a recipe for horror that only Jonathan Janz can serve. Releasing 30 November 2018, The Sorrows by Jonathan Janz is available for preorder now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey