Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
From author John Houlihan come two novelisations of the Mophidius Entertainment’s Mon Dieu Cthulu game
From author John Houlihan (The Trellborg Monstrosities) come two new novelisations of the Mophidius entertainment game, Mon Dieu Cthulu, set in a Lovecraftian universe. The novels pit Gaston d’Bois, a French Hussar, against the soldiers of Cthulu in the age of cannons and muskets. The novels have already been released and can be bought separately or in one bumper edition. Get yours, here.
After the success of The Cryptic Crypt, it was only a matter of time before the next instalment of the YA supernatural heroine Beatrice Beecham arrived. In Beatrice Beecham’s Ship of Shadows, we find a team of archaeologists at work in Cooper’s Cove, unaware that they are about to unleash a vengeful spirit from the 16th century, with hexes and curses galore. Beatrice and her friends must make a connection between the terrifying events and the appearance of a super yacht, hosting an enormous celebrity charity event, before it is too late. Released last week, you can get your copy, here.
Shadow Publishing have announced that there will be a 20%-off sale for all customers paying by paypal at their online shop from now until Christmas. All you have to do to qualify is to use the discount code ‘Christmas’ at checkout. Shadow publishing have a range of dark works, in both fiction and non-fiction. You can head over to the online store to take advantage of this deal, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey