March 2012 sees the release of gritty Australian horror film Snowtown. Available from Revolver Entertainment, the film has been described as harrowing and brutal by critics both here and in Australia.
Based on a true event, Snowtown tells the compelling story of Australian serial killer John Bunting. Set in Adelaide in the 1990s, John Bunting becomes increasingly irritated by the ineptitude of local police, becoming a vigilante and beacon for the working classes in the city.
The story focuses on sixteen year old Jamie, a boy who longs to leave his troubled background behind him. He latches on to John Bunting as a surrogate father figure, becoming compelled and repulsed as Bunting proceeds to kill 11 people in the name of what he thinks is right.
Snowtown is the harrowing story of how one boy struggles to deal with who his surrogate father really is.
Snowtown is available on DVD and Blu-Ray from 30 March 2012.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.