Calling all budding filmmakers, Grimmfest 2013 has opened its doors for film submissions. They are looking for terrifying, bizarre and downright brilliant films to showcase later this year. The closing date is 30 August 2013. For an application form or further details visit the Grimmfest website.
Midnight Echo expands Down Under
Midnight Echo magazine, the official magazine of the Australian Horror Writer’s Association, has acquired the rights to distribute Cemetery Dance Magazine in Australia. This exciting news means that Aussie readers now no longer have to pay the expensive postage that was previously necessary to buy one of the genre’s top magazines. To subscribe to Midnight Echo or Cemetery Dance magazines, head to the Midnight Echo website.
Be sure to encounter Enoch Coffin
Dark Regions Press have announced that their forthcoming Lovecraftian short story collection Encounters with Enoch Coffin co-written by WH Pugmire and Jeffrey Thomas. The collection is currently over 60% sold out with limited numbers of both versions of the limited hardback being snapped up quickly. Be sure to pick up your copy from the Dark Regions website.
More from Gray Friar
Gray Friar Press have released a brand new collection edited by Simon Strantzas, Shadows Edge. The book includes stories from Steve Rasnic Tem, Gary McMahon and Joel Lane amongst others. It can be ordered directly from Gray Friar Press now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey