“One of the strongest voices in contemporary horror and weird fiction, Damien Angelica Walters has shifted from new kid on the block to established writer of the first degree in a short span of time. “
Once upon a time there was a monster. This is how they tell you the story starts. This is a lie.
Heartache, sorrow, loss, and pain. Who are the real monsters? When you begin to question everything around you, the answers don’t come so easily. With these seventeen stories, we uncover those hidden truths behind our strongest relationships. Sibling rivalry, bullying, suicide, and more, rendered in a hauntingly beautiful prose that will send a shiver down your spine.
Why we’re excited about this book:
One of the strongest voices in contemporary horror and weird fiction, Damien Angelica Walters has shifted from new kid on the block to established writer of the first degree in a short span of time. With her novel Paper Tigers, her previous collection, Sing Me Your Scars, as well as her numerous appearances in best journals and anthologies of the past few years, Walters is definitely a force to be reckoned with. This highly anticipated collection is destined to continue that trend. Cry Your Way Home releases 2 January 2018, and is available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey