Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
As a follow up to one of Cemetery Dance’s most successful anthologies – and one of the most acclaimed Halloween themed anthologies from anyone, Richard Chizmar and Robert Morrish have teamed up to edit a host of terrific authors in October Dreams II. With stories by Stepehen Graham Jones, Ray Bradbury, Kealan Patrick Burke, Dean Koontz, Gemma Files and Joe R. Lansdale, among other genre luminaries, this anthology is sure to keep readers up at night for all the right reasons. As usual with Cemetery Dance releases through PS Publihing, this version is available in hard cover, signed by a whole bunch of authors and numbered. As you can imagine, they’re in short supply, get yours here.
Based on the viral video of the same name, Selfie from Hell will be making its way to cinemas and a home video release, early in 2018. Part jump-scare laden horror, part commentary on the narcissistic nature of modern selfie culture. Take a look at the trailer, below:
For zombie game fans, eagerly awaiting the full release of DayZ, the dev team have released a ‘year in review’ video, hinting that it is almost ready
For would be fans of the zombie video game DayZ, the wait for the full release has been a long and painful one. But with this ‘year in review’ video, gamers get to see the enormous progress that has been made on it, including a glimpse at the Xbox One version. The full release cannot be far away now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey