“Wrightson’s artwork is excellent, gruesome, and brings King’s stories to life on the page as we’ve never seen before.”
Stephen King and Bernie Wrightson. Two names that are like a horror Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. When King’s Creepshow came out in 1982, the comic adaptation soon followed, and has long been out of print ever since. To capture the feel of the film’s homage to the EC and DC 1950’s horror comics like Tales From the Crypt, The Vault of Horror, and The Haunt of Fear, the legendary comic veteran Bernie Wrightson was brought in for the artwork. The result was a match made in heaven.
Why We’re Excited About This Book:
Considering that copies of the original comic adaptation fetch prices over $200 online, this reissue is a chance for all the fans to take advantage of a highly coveted classic graphic comic at a much more affordable price. Wrightson’s artwork is excellent, gruesome, and brings King’s stories to life on the page as we’ve never seen before. Creepshow releases 9 May 2017.
Creepshow by Stephen King and Bernie Wrightson is available to preorder here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.