Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Things are getting strange south of the border: The new wave of Mexican horror
- Fifteen years on, Donnie Darko universe to be revisited
- Zak Bagan’s Haunted Museum to feature ‘one of the most dangerous paranormal possessions in the world’
- Tips on hiding and revealing antagonists in horror writing from the American Horror Writers’ Association
- The horror films that will blow everyone away in 2017
The Gingernuts of Horror offer a summary of the recent trend of seriously creepy cinema being produced in Mexico. The article begins with the more obvious Mexican horror exports like Guillermo Del Toro but also takes in a few features that may be new to genre fans.
Bloody Disgusting’s John Squires catches up with Richard Kelly to discover why, fifteen years after the original release, he wants to produce a true follow up to the cult classic.
Zak Bagan’s Haunted Museum to feature ‘one of the most dangerous paranormal possessions in the world.’
Dread Central’s Steve Barton delves in to the archives of a US-based haunted museum where Peggy the doll, said to be one of the most dangerous paranormal objects in existence, will be featured.
Tips on hiding and revealing your antagonist in horror writing from the American Horror Writers’ Association
Mac Childs of the Horror Writers’ Association gives some tips on how to hide or reveal your antagonist in his latest blog, entitled Peekaboo with the Devil.
Joshua Millican at Horror Freak News previews the movies that will have everyone jumping out of their seats this year.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey