This week on Must Read Horror Articles:
- Seven of the deadliest zombie hordes
- 50 genuinely creepy horror movies
- Bring on the blood-splattered bodies – the Tories are in power
- Rereading Stephen King: week three – The Shining
- A blog…on blogs: Part 1
If you want more useful links like the five we highlight every week, then please follow @ThisIsHorror on Twitter.
Doctor Gash – yes that’s right, it’s what he ‘dubs’ himself – over on Dread Central counts down seven deadly zombie hordes. Head on over and see if you agree with Gash’s choices.
A huge countdown of horror movies that “rely on atmosphere and suspense rather than gore and jump-scares” from Sarah Dobbs over at Den of Geek.
An interesting article over at The Guardian that suggests a correlation between the popularity of horror and The Conservative Party (technically this article is from the start of the month but we decided to include it anyway after it was mentioned on the Ramsey Campbell discussion board).
It’s rare that we will link to two articles from the same website in our 5 Must Read Horror Articles, but The Guardian have done it again with this excellent rereading Stephen King series. This week James Smythe explores horror classic, The Shining.
I like Jo Fletcher and I like Jo Fletcher Books. Ever since their formation, the Quercus Publishing imprint have gone from strength to strength. Alison Littlewood’s A Cold Season has taken the horror world by storm and they show no signs of slowing down. Here, Jo Fletcher Books highlight some of their favourite blogs within horror, sci-fi and fantasy – there are some great choices in this list of five.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)