In this podcast Laurel Hightower talks about Whispers in the Dark, Shirley Jackson, growing up in Kentucky, and much more.
About Laurel Hightower
Laurel Hightower grew up in Kentucky. She is the author of Crossroads and Whispers in the Dark.
Click the timestamps to jump straight to the audio.
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on Apple Podcasts
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
- Laurel Hightower books
- TIH 378: They’re Watching Live Event with Michael David Wilson, Bob Pastorella, Josh Malerman, and Laurel Hightower
Dracula’s Death, the 1921 Hungarian silent film was the first motion picture to ever depict Count Dracula. While the film itself is lost, a prose adaptation has survived. Strangers From Nowhere is proud to present an illustrated English translation of Dracula’s Death, available in ebook and paperback on Amazon, and as a numbered and signed hardcover edition at strangersfromnowhere.com.
Boarded Windows, Dead Leaves by Michael Jess Alexander
From cultish rituals to cosmic horror, Michael Jess Alexander’s collection of horror fiction will leave you disquieted and unsettled. These tales and six others await you in this haunting volume of horror fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey