In this podcast Rena Mason talks about Where the Wild Things Are, uncanny experiences, life lessons, and much more.
About Rena Mason
Rena Mason is an American author of Thai-Chinese descent, and the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of The Evolutionist and ‘The Devil’s Throat’, as well as a 2014 Stage 32 / The Blood List Search for New Blood Quarter-Finalist. She writes horror and dark speculative fiction. She is a member of the Horror Writers Association, Mystery Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, The International Screenwriters’ Association, and Stage 32.
Click the timestamps to jump straight to the audio.
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Told in vignettes that weave stories, newspaper clippings, postcards, and images, Ghastly Tales weaves the tales of four families through the decades at a lakeside resort and amusement park where everyone eventually returns. Shop at omniumgatherumedia.com. Enter the code ‘thisishorror’ at checkout for a 20% discount.
If you’re an emerging author in the UK, Storyville is offering its first ever online Contemporary Dark Fiction class in 2021. Running for 16 weeks, from May to September, at 8 PM London time, there are weekly essays, assignments, and readings to help you hone your craft. Richard Thomas runs Storyville—he’s an experienced author, editor, teacher, and publisher. He was in The Best Horror of the Year anthology just last year! Use the code HORROR10 to get 10% off. Head on over to storyvilleonline.com today as spots are limited.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey