Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Max Booth III writes for LitReactor on the transition to being a full time writer
- Bloody Disgusting dive into Promising Young Woman and consider the evolution of the rape revenge movie
- Horrified Magazine look at the influence of fairy lore on Arthur Machen and some of his contemporaries
- Tor Nightfire look back at HBO’s 1980s anthology series The Hitchhiker
- Writer Catherine Cavendish reveals all to The Ginger Nuts of Horror in ‘The Horror Of My Life’
Almost half a year after quitting his other job to focus on writing, Max Booth III writes for LitReactor on his own transition to full time writing and offers some tips for those considering it.
Bloody Disgusting dive into Promising Young Woman and consider the evolution of the rape revenge movie
Caution: Spoilers. Meagan Navarro writes for Bloody Disgusting on the rape revenge sub-genre of horror films, taking a deep dive into Emerald Fennell’s Promising Young Woman in the process.
Horrified Magazine look at the influence of fairy lore on Arthur Machen and some of his contemporaries
In this in-depth, well-researched article, Horrified Magazine’s Thomas Kent Miller looks at the influence fairy folklore had on the work of Arthur Machen and some of his contemporary horror writers.
Shawn M. Garrett of Pseudopod confesses his love for horror anthologies in all their forms to Tor Nightfire, and looks back at HBO’s 1980s offering, The Hitchhiker.
Writer Catherine Cavendish, whose new novel In Darkness, Shadows Breathe, was released last week, reveals all for The Ginger Nuts of Horror’s ‘The Horror Of My Life’ series.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.