In this podcast Alan Baxter talks about The Roo, kangaroos terrorising towns, things that kill you in Australia, and much more.
About Alan Baxter
Alan Baxter is a multi-award-winning author of horror, supernatural thrillers, and dark fantasy. He’s also a martial arts expert, a whisky-soaked swear monkey, and dog lover. He creates dark, weird stories among dairy paddocks on the beautiful south coast of NSW, Australia where he lives with his wife, son and hound. Check out the Alan Baxter website or find him on Twitter @AlanBaxter and Facebook.
- [04:05] ‘Exquisite’/ empathy and sociopaths
- [20:15] The Roo origin story BEFORE a word had been written/fighting kangaroos
- [29:15] Strategies for fighting kangaroos
- [35:15] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks if it’s true that a million things can kill you in Australia
- [37:15] Spiders in Australian homes (see photo below in ‘resources’)
- [48:50] Writing about a writer and avoiding or embracing cliches
- [55:10] Parenting, working, and isolation
- [01:04:40] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about the rules for writing action scenes
- [01:07:40] Improving stigmas against horror
- [01:19:50] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.