In this podcast Adam Nevill talks about The Reddening, extreme horror, real life folk horror, and much more.
About Adam Nevill
Adam L.G. Nevill is the author of the horror novels: Banquet for the Damned, Apartment 16, The Ritual, Last Days, House of Small Shadows, No One Gets Out Alive, Lost Girl, and Under a Watchful Eye. He has two short story collections: Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors and Hasty for the Dark: Selected Horrors.
- [03:10] Part two The Reddening
- [05:30] Extreme horror influences
- [09:20] Thanks Dan
- [19:30] VR Weather, via Patreon, asks what the term ‘folk horror’ means to Adam
- [24:45] Real-life folk horror that’s scared Adam that he’s yet to draw upon or tackle
- [43:10] Dan Howarth, via Patreon, asks about the process for fleshing out The Reddening world and incorporating research
- [01:10:40] Kit Hallows, via Patreon, asks how much plotting is done ahead of time
- [01:12:40] David Thirteen, via Patreon, asks about heading into the woods and tempting fate
- [01:15:30] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about differences between UK and US horror
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey