In this podcast Adam Nevill talks about The Reddening, extreme horror, real life folk horror, and much more.
About Adam Nevill
Adam L.G. Nevill is the author of the horror novels: Banquet for the Damned, Apartment 16, The Ritual, Last Days, House of Small Shadows, No One Gets Out Alive, Lost Girl, and Under a Watchful Eye. He has two short story collections: Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors and Hasty for the Dark: Selected Horrors.
- [03:10] Part two The Reddening
- [05:30] Extreme horror influences
- [09:20] Thanks Dan
- [19:30] VR Weather, via Patreon, asks what the term ‘folk horror’ means to Adam
- [24:45] Real-life folk horror that’s scared Adam that he’s yet to draw upon or tackle
- [43:10] Dan Howarth, via Patreon, asks about the process for fleshing out The Reddening world and incorporating research
- [01:10:40] Kit Hallows, via Patreon, asks how much plotting is done ahead of time
- [01:12:40] David Thirteen, via Patreon, asks about heading into the woods and tempting fate
- [01:15:30] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about differences between UK and US horror
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.