In this podcast Damien Angelica Walters talks about The Dead Girls Club, Crooked Lane Books, Bookstagram and much more.
About Damien Angelica Walters
Damien Angelica Walters is the author of the supernatural thriller, The Dead Girls Club, about two young girls, a scary story that becomes far too real, and the tragic and terrifying consequences that follow one of them into adulthood. She is also the author of Cry Your Way Home, Paper Tigers, and Sing Me Your Scars, winner of This is Horror’s Short Story Collection of the Year. Her short fiction has been nominated twice for a Bram Stoker Award, reprinted in The Year’s Best Dark Fantasy & Horror and The Year’s Best Weird Fiction, and published in various anthologies and magazines, including the Shirley Jackson Award Finalists Autumn Cthulhu and The Madness of Dr. Caligari, World Fantasy Award Finalist Cassilda’s Song, Nightmare Magazine, Black Static, and Apex Magazine. Until the magazine’s closing in 2013, she was an Associate Editor of the Hugo Award-winning Electric Velocipede. She lives in Maryland with her husband and two rescued pit bulls.
- [02:50] Biggest changes since last on the podcast
- [10:30] The Dead Girls Club
- [13:10] Crooked Lane Books publishing deal and origin story
- [18:20] Lessons from Chelsea at Crooked Lane Books
- [44:30] Marketing The Dead Girls Club / hybrid genre novel
- [49:00] Bookstagram
- [56:50] Cover art
- [01:01:55] Paper Tigers
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey