Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- No Film School have a feature article on producing effective short horror films on a budget
- The Gingernuts of Horror talk to the twelve writers of the werewolf tales in Leaders of the Pack
- LitReactor feature a road diary from Gabino Iglesias on his 2019 of promoting his work
- Tor Nightfire pick out six examples of meta horror that breaks all the rules, but works
- Dread Central feature an interview with Laura Marks and Kelley Jones on Hill House Comics
Jo Light of No Film School talks to Todd White and Zak Spence of Midnight Video, to pick up some tips from the creators of Fear Wish and Your Date is Here, on how to create effective horror shorts.
With Leaders of the Pack, a werewolf anthology newly released by Horrific Tales Publishing, The Gingernuts of Horror talk to the twelve authors about their takes on the classic monster.
Gabino Iglesias (Coyote Songs, Zero Saints), writes for LitReactor on his 2019, a year in which he said yes to every promotional opportunity he was offered. The result was thousands of miles of plane and car journeys, dozens of readings and conventions. Here he imparts what he learned.
Sam Reader, writing for Tor Nightfire, selects six examples of meta horror fiction which breaks all the rules, but somehow ends up with riveting, compelling literature.
Jerry Smith of Dread Central sits down with writer Laura Marks and illustrator Kelley Jones on their new horror comic title, Daphne Byrne, from Hill House Comics.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey