In this podcast we talk to Scott Thomas about first-grade stories, horror and humour, defining art and craft, and much more.
About Scott Thomas
Scott Thomas is the Stoker-nominated author of Kill Creek, which was selected by the American Library Association’s reader committee as the top horror book of 2017. Originally from Coffeyville, Kansas, Scott attended the University of Kansas where he earned degrees in English and Film. His latest book is Violet.
- [02:50] First-grade story about a detective who finds a headless body on a cruise ship
- [18:10] First experiences with the horror genre
- [21:50] Horror and humour
- [32:00] Late 90s, early 00s horror movies
- [40:00] Covers, remakes, and reboots
- [55:10] Defining art and craft
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Violet by Scott Thomas
Pick up the brand new Scott Thomas book, Violet.
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey