Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Sublime Horror have a feature article on Dracula and vampires generally as queer liberators
- Listverse provide ten horror movies and some unusual fan theories they have generated
- Sci-fi and Scary feature a guest post from Damien Angelica Walters on the celebrity status of serial killers
- LitReactor explain how including ritual in a story can bring it to life
- Kendall Reviews talk to Christopher Henderson about his new novel, The Horror At Lavender Edge
Stephan Hoda, writing for Sublime Horror, writes on the vampire and its connections to queer individuals. At times personal anecdote and at others taking a more critical approach, this article is well worth reading.
Estelle from Listverse picks out ten horror movies which have generated some interesting fan theories. From the credible to the quite ludicrous, one even likens a famous horror villain to Mary Poppins.
Sci-fi and Scary feature a guest post from Damien Angelica Walters on the celebrity status of serial killers
Taking time out from her busy schedule promoting The Dead Girls’ Club, Damien Angelica Walters writes this guest post for Sci-fi and Scary on the enduring cult of celebrity around serial killers.
Richard Thomas, writing for LitReactor’s Storyville series, explains how including ritual in fiction can bring it to life, including examples of where it has been done to good effect in his own work.
Kendall Reviews invite Christopher Henderson for an interview about his latest release, the Horror At Lavender Edge and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey