In this podcast Richard Chizmar talks about Cemetery Dance, writing Gwendy’s Button Box with Stephen King, Widow’s Point, and much more.
About Richard Chizmar
Richard Chizmar is a New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Amazon, and Publishers Weekly bestselling author. He is the co-author (with Stephen King) of the bestselling novella, Gwendy’s Button Box and the founder/publisher of Cemetery Dance magazine and the Cemetery Dance Publications book imprint. He has edited more than 35 anthologies and his fiction has appeared in dozens of publications, including multiple editions of Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine and The Year’s 25 Finest Crime and Mystery Stories. He has won two World Fantasy awards, four International Horror Guild awards, and the HWA’s Board of Trustee’s award.
- [06:25] Life lessons growing up
- [08:20] No plan B
- [11:00] Willingness to fail
- [14:20] Things that would do differently if starting out again
- [17:55] Jumping in without instructions
- [25:55] New things Richard is experimenting with today/his start in films
- [30:40] Co-writing Widow’s Point and film adaptation
- [38:25] Dan Howarth, via Patreon, asks if epistolary piece planned
- [41:00] Working with Stephen King on Gwendy’s Button Box
- [59:00] Conventions
- [01:02:50] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about the future of Cemetery Dance
- [01:07:30] Previously open to new writers
- [01:11:05] Brian Fortune, via Patreon, asks about qualities look for in stories/submissions
- [01:13:00] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about the most instrumental thing to improve writing
- [01:20:25] Connect with Richard
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.