In this podcast Stephen Kozeniewski talks about lessons from the army, getting published, Silverwood: The Door, and much more.
About Stephen Kozeniewski
Stephen Kozeniewski lives in Pennsylvania, the birthplace of the modern zombie. During his time as a Field Artillery officer he served for three years in Oklahoma and one in Iraq, where, due to what he assumes was a clerical error, he was awarded the Bronze Star. He is also a classically trained linguist, which sounds much more impressive than saying his bachelor’s is in German.
- [02:50] Important life lessons growing up
- [06:00] Humour and horror
- [07:00] First experiences with story
- [14:35] Winning a silver medal in a writing contest at six years old
- [20:45] 25/30-year-old milestone—catalyst to get published
- [24:35] Lessons from the army
- [35:00] Appeal to John Skipp to start his own podcast
- [36:20] Friendship and professional relationship with Brian Keene
- [44:50] Googling ‘is Brian Keene an arsehole?’
- [48:30] Silverwood: The Door
- [01:00:25] Exquisite Corpse
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.