In this podcast Max Booth III and Lori Michelle talk about Dark Moon Digest, upcoming Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing releases, trigger warnings, and much more.
About Max Booth III and Lori Michelle
Max Booth III is the Editor-in-Chief of Perpetual Motion Machine, the Managing Editor of Dark Moon Digest, a columnist for LitReactor, and the author of numerous novels, including The Nightly Disease, which some critics have labelled as the Holy Bible for the customer service industry. His next novel, Carnivorous Lunar Activities, is forthcoming through Fangoria’s new line of horror paperbacks. He lives in Texas. Follow him on Twitter @GiveMeYourTeeth. His favorite film is Zodiac.
Lori Michelle is the co-owner of Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing, as well Editor-in-Chief of both Dark Moon Digest and the now-defunct Dark Eclipse. She is the author of Dual Harvest and the editor of Bleed, an anthology to benefit the National Children’s Cancer Society. Her stories have appeared in several anthologies, including the 2012 Bram Stoker finalist, Slices of Flesh, and the 2014 Bram Stoker finalist, Qualia Nous. She can be found at www.theauthorsalley.com. Her favorite film is Places in the Heart.
- [02:20] Lori’s early life lessons growing up
- [06:10] Dance origins
- [09:10] A typical week with Lori Michelle
- [11:40] First experiences with story
- [16:20] Dark Moon Digest
- [18:40] Max’s old collection ‘They Might Be Demons’
- [21:50] Nathan Blixt, via Patreon, asks about where flash fiction floats in the literary space
- [25:40] Great Jones Street
- [32:20] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about upcoming single author releases from PMMP and Dark Moon Digest
- [41:15] Trigger warnings
- [51:30] Do you know who I hate …
- [53:25] Reviewers owe you nothing
- [01:07:30] Russ McKamey
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7099627/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey