Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bustle have picked out eight new horror novels to keep you busy until halloween
- Rotten Tomatoes pick out fifteen horror TV series coming over the next year to add to your to-be-watched list
- Buzzfeed have chosen thirty-one underrated horror movies to watch every day until halloween
- Rue Morgue host an author interview with Douglas Cowan on his new Stephen King book and much more
- Gameranx select twenty-two of the most horrifying PS4 games for you to play in the run up to halloween
Bustle’s Melissa Ragsdale selects eight new horror fiction releases to curl up with as the autumn nights draw in.
Rotten Tomatoes pick out fifteen horror TV series coming over the next year to add to your to-be-watched list
Erik Amaya picks out some new series that have already garnered huge publicity, as well as some hidden gems that you just might not have been aware of.
Abid Anwar over at Buzzfeed has been trawling the horror movie archives to come up with an underrated horror film for you to watch, every day until halloween. Some of these are masterpieces.
Rue Morgue’s Jess Peacock catches up with Douglas Cowan to ask him about his new book, America’s Dark Theologian: The Religious Imagination of Stephen King and finds out more about how Cowan feels about the King, as well as his views on organised religion and much more.
Gameranx select twenty-two of the most horrifying PS4 games for you to play in the run up to halloween
Gameranx have picked out twenty-two video games worthy of being played alone, in the dark, with headphones. These are not for the faint-hearted.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey