In this podcast Max Booth III and Lori Michelle talk about Lost Films, Faces of Death, bizarre films, and much more.
About Max Booth III and Lori Michelle
Max Booth III is the Editor-in-Chief of Perpetual Motion Machine, the Managing Editor of Dark Moon Digest, a columnist for LitReactor, and the author of numerous novels, including The Nightly Disease, which some critics have labelled as the Holy Bible for the customer service industry. His next novel, Carnivorous Lunar Activities, is forthcoming through Fangoria’s new line of horror paperbacks. He lives in Texas. Follow him on Twitter @GiveMeYourTeeth. His favorite film is Zodiac.
Lori Michelle is the co-owner of Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing, as well Editor-in-Chief of both Dark Moon Digest and the now-defunct Dark Eclipse. She is the author of Dual Harvest and the editor of Bleed, an anthology to benefit the National Children’s Cancer Society. Her stories have appeared in several anthologies, including the 2012 Bram Stoker finalist, Slices of Flesh, and the 2014 Bram Stoker finalist, Qualia Nous. She can be found at www.theauthorsalley.com. Her favorite film is Places in the Heart.
- [04:00] Conversation start/why Lost Films theme?
- [09:30] Domain names and Dad jokes
- [13:10] Lost Films lineup
- [16:20] Not an outtake because we segue back on topic
- [19:00] Bizarre real lost films
- [23:00] Faces of Death
- [35:45] Andrew Novak’s ‘This Cosmic Atrocity’
- [37:40] Traces of Death sequels
- [49:30] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about ordering the stories in Lost Films
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7085739/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey