“A tale of witches, betrayal, the huntress and the hunted, In the House in the Dark of the Woods is a novel of horror and suspense stamped with Laird Hunt’s trademark lyrical prose, covering early American mythology in way you won’t soon forget.”
“Once upon a time there was and there wasn’t a woman who went to the woods.”
A Puritan woman in colonial New England goes missing. Maybe’s she has abandoned her family, or she has been kidnapped then escapes and wanders in the woods to the north. All alone, she meets another woman in the forest, and everything changes.
Journeying through the woods full of almost-human wolves, a deep well echoing the screams of men, and then a traveling on a ship made of bones, she discovers that the evil she’s running from has been inside her all this time.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey