In this podcast Jonathan Janz talks about overcoming fear, being your authentic self, The Siren and the Specter, and much more.
About Jonathan Janz
Jonathan Janz is the author of more than a dozen novels and numerous short stories. His work has been championed by authors like Joe R. Lansdale, Jack Ketchum, and Brian Keene; he has also been lauded by Publishers Weekly, the Library Journal, and the School Library Journal. His novel Children of the Dark was chosen by Booklist as a Top Ten Horror Book of the Year. Jonathan’s main interests are his wonderful wife and his three amazing children.
- [02:30] Overcoming fear
- [11:00] Strength—being open and true
- [14:30] Being your authentic self
- [18:10] Brian Keene/Intentionality
- [24:00] Deciding to become a writer/ car accident at eighteen
- [30:00] Finding your writing voice
- [42:20] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about staying positive in difficult times
- [51:20] Kev Harrison asks about flipping between different modes of writing
- [55:00] The Siren and the Specter and juxtaposition
- [01:01:30] People who dismiss entire genres
- [01:06:00] Adulthood vs Childhood
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.