Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- ABC News talk to Larry Van Duynhoven about his work as a practical special effects expert specialising in gore
- Trivial Pursuit: Horror Movie Edition celebrates one hundred years of horror cinema
- The British Film Institute pick out ten horror anthology films for you to enjoy
- Tammy Sparks of the ‘Books, Bones & Buffy’ blog, posted a bookstagram challenge to highlight great women in horror fiction
- Gingernuts of Horror talk to Luke Walker about his new novels Dead Sun and Unredeemed
ABC News talk to Larry Van Duynhoven about his work as a practical special effects expert specialising in gore
In a world increasingly dominated by CGI effects, ABC News’ Jordan Hayne talks to Larry Van Duynhoven about his work as a practical special effects artist and learns some of the tricks of how he brings the goriest scenes to life.
John Squires of Blood Disgusting has the scoop on the latest addition to the Trivial Pursuit board game family: The horror movie edition. Featuring six hundred questions on its theme of one hundred years of spooky cinema, this is a must for any horror fan.
The British Film Institute’s Neil Mitchell has dug through the archives to pick out ten anthology horror films to keep you awake at night in the run up to halloween.
Tammy Sparks of the ‘Books, Bones & Buffy’ blog, posted a bookstagram challenge to highlight great women in horror fiction
Tammy Sparks used her Instagram account and her ‘Books, Bones & Buffy’ blog to shine a light on some wonderful women in horror fiction writers. There are a great mixture of classic and modern authors here, as well as some glorious cover art. Take a look.
Gingernuts of Horror features an in-depth interview with Luke Walker this week, covering his new novels Dead Sun and Unredeemed, as well as his short fiction and much much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey