“With this new collection from Gemma Files, featuring some stories only available online until now, she displays the scope of her vast imagination with a blend of genres and themes and her unmistakable and distinctive voice.”
Monsters both human and archaic, ghosts and vampires, sorcerer pirates and voodoo priestesses, and the most infamous murderer in history all lurk beyond the safe borders of our reality. From the sandblasted frontiers of the Weird West to the deep, dark, bottomless sea, and every place in between, these strange things refuse to remain submerged, called to the surface by suffering and loss, rage and vengeance, even love. Gemma Files asks you to take her hand as she guides you to face the horrors that can only be Drawn Up From Deep Places
Why we’re excited about this book:
With this new collection from Gemma Files, featuring some stories only available online until now, she displays the scope of her vast imagination with a blend of genres and themes and her unmistakable and distinctive voice. Gemma’s stories have been thrilling readers for years, and she is one the most consistently terrifying writers of this generation. Releasing from Trepidatio Publishing 12 October 2018, Drawn Up From Deep Places is available for preorder directly from the publisher and Amazon right now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey