In this podcast Laird Barron talks about his forthcoming novel Blood Standard, the connection between horror and crime fiction, violence in horror, and much more.
Original photo credit: Jessica M. ‘Laird Barron and the upstart pup, Valentina.’
About Laird Barron
Laird Barron, an ex-pat Alaskan, is the author of several books, including The Imago Sequence and Other Stories; Swift to Chase; and Blood Standard. Currently, Barron lives in the Rondout Valley of New York State and is at work on tales about the evil that men do.
- [02:35] Interview start/J.W. Donley, via Patreon, asks about idea origins
- [09:20] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about top accomplishments from 2017 and goals for 2018
- [18:50] Brandon Petry, via Patreon, asks about the writing of ‘Andy Kaufman creeping through the trees’
- [30:05] Andrew M. Reichart, via Patreon, asks about clarity/tantalizing confusion re Laird’s cosmology
- [41:30] Eric Sparkman, via Patreon, asks about how much writing style is influenced by Alaska and how much by other writers and in what way
- [45:50] Almost dying twice in Alaska
- [53:15] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about the direction of weird fiction in the coming years
- [01:04:20] Brian Asman asks about a Mount Rushmore of Weird Fiction
- [01:10:25] Dan Howarth, via Patreon, asks about detachment vs critique whilst reading stories
- [01:16:15] Connect with Laird
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend Closing Time by Jack Ketchum.