In this podcast Ray Cluley talks about full-time and part-time writing, authentic storytelling, research for stories and much more.
About Ray Cluley
Ray Cluley has been published in Black Static, Interzone and Crimewave from TTA Press, Shadows & Tall Trees from Undertow Press, and Icarus from Lethe Press, as well as featuring in a variety of anthologies. ‘Shark! Shark!’ won the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story in 2013, while Water For Drowning was nominated for Best Novella in 2015. His most recent work includes Within the Wind, Beneath the Snow from Snowbooks and a collection, Probably Monsters, from ChiZine Press.
- [03:25] Interview start
- [04:30] Full-time writing and writing while working
- [10:00] Conveying fear in different mediums/television talk
- [22:25] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about short story writing process from start to finish
- [40:00] Objectionable characters and controversy/separating the art and the artist
- [49:10] Authentic storytelling and researching places you haven’t been
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey