In this podcast Scott Nicolay talks about weird fiction and its various forms, The Outer Dark Podcast, his daily habits and much more.
About Scott Nicolay
Scott Nicolay writes weird fiction and hosts The Outer Dark, winner of the This Is Horror Podcast of the Year 2015. Scott won the 2015 World Fantasy Award for Best Short Fiction, and is the author of Ana Kai Tangata: Tales of the Outer the Other the Damned and the Doomed. His second collection of stories, And at My Back I Always Hear, is due for release in 2017.
- [03:05] Interview start
- [05:30] Weird fiction and the short form
- [12:35] Scott tackling the weird fiction novel
- [17:20] Working with an internet connection/distractions
- [18:38–18:44] Alien signal malfunction, something about logic and laughter ensues.
- [30:00] Pressuring Max Booth III into releasing a body horror anthology
- [37:30] The origins of The Outer Dark Podcast
- [44:00] Morning rituals and daily habits
- [53:10] Connect with Scott
- [54:20] Final thoughts
- [58:55] Announcement regarding the future of The Outer Dark Podcast
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4369778/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey