In this podcast Iain Rob Wright talks about CreateSpace, Self Publishing Costs and Collaborations.
About Iain Rob Wright
Iain Rob Wright is from the English town of Redditch, where he worked for many years as a mobile telephone salesman. After publishing his debut novel, The Final Winter, in 2011 to great success, he quit his job and became a full time writer. He now has over a dozen novels, and in 2013 he co-wrote a book with bestselling author, J.A. Konrath.
- [02:00] Interview start/paperbacks and self-publishing
- [04:30] CreateSpace Vs Lightning Source
- [05:50] Audiobooks
- [08:10] Total cost for self-publishing a title and return on investment
- [12:00] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about working with Infected Books and David Moody contrasted with self-publishing
- [14:10] The Yacht and concerns surrounding originality
- [15:50] Following genre conventions
- [19:55] Hardest story written/writing sequels
- [26:20] Paula Limbaugh, via Patreon, asks about separating the horror writer from the loving husband and father
- [29:10] Paula Limbaugh, via Patreon, asks about motivations for helping others looking to get into the business of writing
- [32:30] Collaborative writing
- [35:45] Self-publishing misconceptions
- [40:25] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [46:00] Connect with Iain
- [46:25] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4334338/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey