In this podcast J David Osborne talks about the year ahead for Broken River Books, daily rituals and the reading resurgence. This is part two of our two part interview with J David Osborne. Please download TIH 026: J David Osborne on Kickstarting An Indy Press.
About J David Osborne
J David Osborne runs the small press Broken River Books, which has released titles from such acclaimed authors as Stephen Graham Jones, Jedidiah Ayres, William Boyle, and Cody Goodfellow. His first novel, By the Time We Leave Here, We’ll Be Friends, was the winner of the 2010 Wonderland Award for Best Novel. He lives in Portland, Oregon, with his wife and dog.
- [00:10] Episode introduction and recapping of Part One with J David Osborne
- [02:10] Interview start/ The first quarter of 2015 for Broken River Books
- [15:00] Cody Goodfellow
- [18:25] Daily rituals and packing everything into each day
- [22:55] Changes in social media trends/reading coming back into fashion
- [37:20] Best books and films of 2014
- [45:15] Plans for 2015/bringing the theatrical to book readings
Broken River Books
J David Osborne fiction (UK)
J David Osborne fiction (US)
Repo Shark by Cody Goodfellow
Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars by Cody Goodfellow
The Least of My Scars by Stephen Graham Jones
Peckerwood by Jedidiah Ayres
The Last Projector by David James Keaton
Black Cloud by Juliet Escoria
The Troop by Nick Cutter
The Last Horror Novel in the History of the World Brian Allen Carr
Meet the mysterious men behind Oklahoma’s monument to Azathoth
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Sponsors & Affiliates
The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available.
Our forthcoming title The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud is currently available to reserve with a plethora of pre-order bonuses!
Pre-orders end on January 2015 – don’t delay!
When you make a purchase through our affiliate links Amazon kick-back some of the proceeds to This Is Horror which enables us to pay for the website, podcast hosting and associated costs.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3293846/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey