Shirley Jackson nominees announced
The nominees for 2014 Shirley Jackson Awards have been announced. The best novel category sees Alison Littlewood duke it out with Jeff Vandermeer and Josh Malerman whereas in the edited anthology category, Spectral Press’ The Spectral Book of Horror Stories gets a nod. British authors Steve Volk and V.H. Leslie also pick up nominations. Check out the full list of nominees at the Shirley Jackson Awards website and congratulations to all of those up for an award.
Launch day for The Outsiders
Today is the launch day for The Outsiders – the latest release from Crystal Lake Publishing. This Lovecraftian volume set in a British gated community features stories from Gary Fry, James Everington, Stephen Bacon, V.H. Leslie and Rosanne Rabinowitz. You can pick up your copy at the Crystal Lake Publishing website.
Ellen Datlow has released the TOC and further details about her latest editorial outing The Monstrous, which will feature artwork from Reiko Murakami as well as stories from Peter Straub, John Langan and Angela Slatter among others. You can pre-order your copy now from Tachyon Publications although unfortunately you’ll have to wait until October to get it!
It Follows… You Home
Icon Home Entertainment have announced that this year’s horror smash It Follows will be available for you to enjoy at home on DVD, VOD and Blu-Ray on 29 June.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey