Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- Is ‘It Follows’ Paving the Way to a New Era for Indie Genre Films?
- Eaten Alive: The Bizarre True Story Behind Tobe Hooper’s Alligator Horror Movie
- 10 Crazy Animal B-Movies Worth Way More Attention Than ‘Sharknado’
- TV Still Can’t Quite Terrify Us Like Movies Can
- The 20 Best Movies About the Occult
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Indiewire takes a look at indie genre films in the wake of the critically-acclaimed It Follows.
In this article, The Telegraph takes a look at Tobe Hooper’s 1977 creature-feature, Eaten Alive, and the claims it was based on a true story.
With SyFy’s animal attack movies coming thick and fast (Frankenfish, Hamstersquid Vs Crocopenguin, Owlmageddan – I might have made one or two of those up) Mental Floss looks at ten mutant creature movies actually worth your time.
The Irish Examiner explains why horror is best served on the big screen, despite the current salvo of genre television.
Taste of Cinema recommends twenty films about the occult.