A weird year ahead for Strantzas
Simon Strantzas, author of the collection Burnt Black Suns and previous Year’s Best Weird Fiction contributor has been named as the guest editor for the third volume of the best-selling end of year series. The collection will be published in 2016 and will co-edited by long standing series editor Michael Kelly.
Grimmfest 2015 opens for submissions
Submissions are now open for this year’s Grimmfest. The horror film festival has been accepting submissions since 1 March and the submissions period will end in July. There is a small charge for submissions but for full details of accepted formats and early bird dates, please head over to the Grimmfest website.
A Good Marriage heads to the UK
What would you do if you found out your husband was a notorious serial killer? A Good Marriage is the latest Stephen King adaptation to be committed to the big (and small screen). The film stars Joan Allen and Anthony LaPaglia and is available in the UK via VOD on 13 April and on DVD on 20 April.
Aickman’s Heirs nearly ready
The Simon Strantzas edited anthology Aickman’s Heirs is now available to pre-order from Undertow Books. Featuring stories by Brian Evenson, Helen Marshall and John Langan among many others, the book can be ordered now from the Undertow Books website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey