Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- How Horror Franchises Redefine Themselves Over Time
- Blood on a Budget: Who Are the Women of DIY Horror?
- Lovecraft: Discovering the Man Behind the Mythos
- Horror and the Human Condition
- Horror’s Final Girls: What Happened to the Stars of Halloween, Scream, Hellraiser?
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article, Den of Geek looks at the evolution of horror franchises, and how they earn their reputations.
Since every month should be Women in Horror Month (February’s far too short for such shenanigans), this article over at Rue Morgue looks at the women making waves in independent horror.
Like Marmite and aubergines, you either love Lovecraft or you don’t love Lovecraft. Either way, this is a fascinating read courtesy of Lovecraft eZine.
In this article, Moviepilot offers a brief exploration into human fear and horror films.
Sidney Prescott, Nancy Thompson, Laurie Strode, Kirstie Cotton, Alice Hardy; the girls that lived to tell the tale. But what are they up to now? Digital Spy investigates.